Setup Blog Posts
- In your HubSpot account, click the settings icon settings in the main navigation bar.
- In the left sidebar menu, navigate to Website > Blog.
On the Templates tab, you can view or change the templates applied to your blog posts and blog listing page. You can also customize your listing page set-up and add custom HTML to your templates' header and footer.
- In the Blog post and Blog listing sections, click the Actions dropdown menu to manage your template:
- Select Change template to choose a different template. On the template selection screen, select your new template, then click Done. In the bottom left of your template settings, click Save.
- Select Preview to see what your template looks like.
- In the Listing page section, set your preferences for your blog listing page, then click Save in the bottom left:
- Enter the number of posts you want to appear on your listing page.
- To display the featured images of your blog posts on your listing page, select the Use featured image in listing summaries checkbox.
- In the Header HTML and Footer HTML sections, enter any custom HTML you want to apply to your blog post and listing templates. To apply different custom HTML to your blog post template, click Use custom header/footer HTML for blog posts. When you've added your custom HTML, click Save in the bottom left.
- In your HubSpot account, navigate to Marketing > Website > Blog.
- In the upper right, click the Create dropdown menu and select Blog post.
- In the dialog box, select the blog you want to create your post on, then click Create blog post.
You can create your blog content from scratch or import from a Google Doc using a link or a connected Google account.
To create content from scratch:
- Hover over the blog post title and click the pencil icon to customize the title for this post.
To import content from a Google Doc:
- In the rich text toolbar, click the Advanced dropdown menu and select Import Google Doc.
- In the dialog box, you'll see a list of any connected Google accounts. If you need to sign into your Google account, click Connect a new account. Then click Accept and connect to Google.
- To import a Google Doc from your connected Google account:
- Click the email address of your connected Google account.
- Select the Google doc you want to import into HubSpot. Then click Select.
- To import content using a link to a Google Doc:
- In the dialog box, click From link.
- Paste a sharing link to your Google Doc. Then click Import.
By default, your blog listing page will show the first paragraph of your blog post in the preview. You can customize how much text appears in the blog post preview by manually adding a Read more separator:
- In the post body, place your cursor where you want the preview of your post content to end.
- Click Insert and select Read more separator.
- Click the More handle and drag it into position as needed.
- Click the Settings tab to customize your blog post's settings:
- Add or edit the blog title. This title appears on your blog content, and in search results. To use a different page title in search results for this blog post:
- Click Customize blog's page title.
- Enter a unique title for your blog post. This title will appear in search results and in title of the web browser used to view your blog post.
- Enter a meta description for your blog post. This is the description that appears below your blog title on a search engine results page.
- Click Advanced options to expand more settings, which are optional for your blog post.
- To customize the Head HTML of your post, add code snippets in the Additional code snippets field.
- At the top of the editor, click Optimize.
- You'll see groups of related SEO tips open in the left panel. Any items that needs action will have a red circle with the number of items that need to be addressed.
- Click a grouping to expand more details:
- SEO recommendations with a green checkmark have been completed.
- SEO recommendations with a grey checkmark need to be completed.
To see how your blog post will appear to visitors, click Preview in the upper right.
- 1.Device preview: click Open in new window to see a live preview of your blog post in a new tab in your browser. This preview link will work before your post is actually published. Click Copy shareable link to copy the link to your clipboard to share it with your team. In order to view the preview link, your teammates must be logged into HubSpot.
- 2.Click Full Post View to preview the specific blog post you're editing. Click Main List View to preview your blog's homepage.
- 4.Smart preview: click the Preview as dropdown menu to preview how your blog post will appear for different contacts in your database.
- 5.Device type: click Mobile + Tablet to see a live preview of your page on a phone or tablet device. Click Desktop to see a preview of how your page will appear on a web browser.
After you've added your content, optimized it for search engines, and previewed how it will look to visitors, you're ready to publish your blog post.
- Click the Publish or schedule tab and select Publish now to publish immediately, or Schedule for later to publish this post at a future date and time.
- If there are any required items missing from your page, you'll see an alert in the upper right corner of the Publish button.
- Once you've finished completing all the required items for your blog post, click Publish.